Lichfield Street, Rugeley, Staffordshire
- Type: Development Site
- Size: 0.75 acres (0.3 ha)
- Status: Under Offer
- Location: Lichfield Street, Rugeley, StaffordshireView map
- 0.75 acres (0.3ha) Site On Edge Of Town Centre
- Attractive Setting Within The Talbot Road Conservation Area
- Allocated For Residential Development In The Local Plan Preferred Options
- Expressions Of Interest Are Invited
Full Property Description
A unique opportunity to develop a parcel of land in the Talbot Road Conservation Area, Rugeley.
The site is located on Lichfield Street close to Rugeley Town Centre and adjoining the local Grade II Listed landmark of St. Joseph & St. Etheldreda Church.
Rugeley is a popular town on the edge of Cannock Chase and boasts a wide range of facilities and services. It is approximately 8 miles north of Lichfield and around 10 miles south east of Stafford.
The site extends to approximately 0.75 acres (0.3ha) and is currently used as a car park.
At the rear of the site is a parade of disused retail units.
The site is generally level having a wide frontage to Lichfield Street which also provides vehicular access. There is also an adopted access road known as Talbot Street Back Road which runs along the side of the site and across the rear of the site which links Heron Street and Lichfield Street.
The freehold interest is for sale with vacant possession upon completion.
This site is within the defined development boundary and is considered to be a “brownfield” site. Further the site is proposed as a housing allocation (H53) in the “Cannock Chase District Local Plan Preferred Options February 2021”.
Each party will bear their own legal costs in the transaction.
We understand all mains service are available to the property however interested parties are expected to make their own enquiries in this regard.
TENDERS ARE INVITED ON THE FOLLOWING BASIS
1. Interested parties are invited to submit their own proposals for the development of the site based broadly on the attached layout. Alternative schemes will be considered provided they include a new presbytery of the same size and layout show on drawing DD 1 100 and the parking provision for the Parish Hall.
2) The purchaser will be responsible for the costs of obtaining planning permission for their scheme which should include the demolition of the existing presbytery, construction of a car park on the site of the existing presbytery, demolition of the “modern” additions to the Parish Hall and associated car parking as shown on the attached illustrative plan
3) Financial proposals should allow for the cost of constructing a new presbytery where indicated on the illustrative layout, demolition of the existing presbytery and creation of the new car park areas (approximately 56 spaces) also indicated on the illustrative plan. Any proposed scheme will have to address the servicing and drainage requirements of the retained property including the new car park and the Parish Hall.
4) Written tenders for the purchase of the site are to be submitted in sealed envelopes address to Father Peter Stonier c/o either of the joint selling agents by midday on Friday 10th September 2021.
An information pack is available from the joint agents which includes the following:
• Title Information
• Indicative specification for new car park
• Asbestos surveys on the buildings to be demolished
• Indicative site layout
• Presbytery layout drawing DD 1 100
VIEWING AND FURTHER ENQUIRIES
If you require access to the site then please contact the sole agents. Further information is available from Christopher Bywater or Chontell Buchanan on 01902 710999 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org please quote reference 4834.
First City are acting as joint agents with Cresidential Globe House, Upper Brook Street, Rugeley, Staffordshire, WS15 2DN. FAO: Angi Cooney, 01889 583377. email@example.com